VMworld Europe 2012 - Thank You
It's all over for another year. I've had a great time meeting people and learning a thing or two. Before I forget them though, I wanted to say a few “thank you”s. In no particular order they are:
- Virtual Clarity, my employer, for supporting my attendance here.
- My wife and family for letting me go almost a week without speaking to them properly!
- Fira Barcelona – it's a big space and I've heard some people complaining that they've had to do a lot of walking but I didn't come here expecting to sit down all day. The event staff have been good and I thank them all for putting up with so many foreign geeks.
- Josh Atwell, Damian Karlson and Alastair Cooke for putting on a series of great vBrownbag presentations.
- All of the speakers for putting together so many great sessions.
- The vendors / sponsors / solutions providers who make IT great. I didn't stop at every booth but I had great conversations with lots of them.
- The event organizers who have spent the best part of a year making VMworld happen.
- John Troyer, the godfather of the VMware community
- Alex Maier, she may have moved on from VMware but she helped all of the vExperts so much and helped get me here this year.
- VMware – Thank you for continuing to innovate!
I'm looking forward to next year already. Whether it be in San Francisco or Barcelona (the 2013 Europe conference location isn't known yet) – let's see…