I was supposed to be on PTO this week and would have missed the GA of the latest version of vRealize Automation from VMware. Since that all got cancelled I was around to download the latest bits. It's no small download though!
I've been lucky enough to have access to some of the beta builds and functionality and it's been amazing to see what's coming and how much slicker it is than the equivalent features in 7.x.
In case you've been hidden under a rock or are unfamiliar with vRA, below is a big list of some links to most of the new changes.
- What's New vRA 8.1 - Technical Overview
- PowerShell for ABX
- Pipeline as a Catalog
- VCF Integration
- What's New vRSLCM
- Day-2 Network Update
- Network Automation with NSX (4-part series)
- Custom Forms, vRO property support in SB, and Composite vRO types
- Resource Limits
- Active Directory Enhancements
- Provider and Tenant Org Multi-tenancy
- OpenShift Support
- What's New vRealize Orchestrator
- Ansible Tower
- OVA Content Source
- Kubernetes Across vRealize Automation
- Dynamic Security Groups
- IPAM SDK - UI Elements
The one downside to 8.1 is the resources required to run it. These have increased since 8.0.1, as you can see in the documentation. I can just about run it in my lab. Maybe it's time for an upgrade...